Today was our last day at work before the four-day thanksgiving weekend (Yay!) My team decided it would be nice to have a small get-together/potluck for lunch. Our lunch theme: anything “healthy” before we dive into all that thanksgiving food over the next couple days. First thing that came to my mind was zucchini noodles.
So this morning I got everything I needed together. And began cooking!
- Make a puree out of a whole garlic and medium sized onion, add it to your pan with heated EV olive oil and mix in chopped green bell peppers. Let the mixture cook while you periodically sauté it until there is less moisture.
- Add salt to help with taking out some of the moisture, as well as, cayenne pepper powder and black pepper for some spice.
- Mix in the ground beef and sauté until it is brown, fully cooked and the moisture is reduced to almost none.
- Add in your pasta sauce, stir, cover, and let the meat sauce come to a boil.
- Throw in some dried oregano for delicious aroma and flavor. Stir, cover, and let simmer in low heat.
- Add salt if preferred.
- Spiralize the zucchinis and set aside.
- Sauté some EV olive oil and fresh minced garlic on a large pan.
- Add the zucchini noodles to your pan and toss it around until its coated with the garlic/olive oil mixture. Continue tossing noodles until you see moisture and the texture is as desired.
- Add dried parsley.
You are done with the cooking part. Time to serve! I served my zucchini noodles with meat sauce and garnished it with some dried rosemary. The aroma from all the herbs were heavenly.
And stay beautiful from within..
Follow me! Instagram @Nourish.Live