Yum.. Alfredo sauce. The creamy goodness that’s comforting and at the same time we regret consuming… So I’ve been in search of a healthier alternative to Alfredo pasta sauce. The potato alfredo sauce in this recipe was inspired by several vegan recipes online.
You will need:
- Red potatoes (4 medium, cubed)
- Garlic (8 cloves)
- Onion (2 medium)
- Basil leaves (6-8)
- Butternut squash (1 peeled, spiralized)
- Organic vegetable broth (2 cups or as preferred)
- Black pepper powder
Serving(s) – 4 to 5
- In a pan, steam the potatoes, garlic, onion and basil leaves in 2 cups of vegetable broth for about 15 minutes in medium to high heat or until the potatoes are cooked. Stir occasionally and add salt to taste.
- Let the veggies cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a blender to blend the veggies into a sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add some more vegetable broth and blend to your desired consistency.
- In the same pan, heat some olive oil and add the butternut squash noodles.
- Cook noodles covered until it is tender for about 15 minutes in medium heat. Toss consistently.
- When the noodles are cooked, add in the potato sauce and mix well to coat all the noodles.
- Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes before serving.
I served my potato alfredo butternut squash pasta with grilled chicken. This is a perfect meal for those on a Paleo diet!
Since I am not on a Paleo diet, I sprinkled a little bit of parmesan on top before I dug in 😛
Follow me! Instagram @Nourish.Live