You will need:
- Cooked brown rice (1 1/2 cup of rice with 3 1/2 cups of water/broth)
- Bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange – chopped)
- Yellow onion (1/2 medium, chopped)
- Garlic (8 cloves, minced)
- Chicken sausage (chopped, half moons)
- Red potato (1, cubed)
- Power greens (4 cups, chopped)
- Organic whole milk (4 1/2 cups)
- Cayenne pepper powder (2 tsp)
- Black pepper powder (1 tsp)
- Dried basil (2 tsp)
- Dried oregano (2 tsp)
- Olive oil
Serving(s) – 4 to 5
- Cook brown rice and potato in rice cooker.
- In a pan, add olive oil and sauté garlic.
- Add onions and continue to sauté until they are cooked.
- Add chopped sausage and let cook for about 5 minutes in medium to high heat.
- Mix all the chopped bell peppers into the pan. Cover and let the mixture cook thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- Add greens and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cayenne and black pepper and mix.
- After the veggies are well cooked, add milk and mix. Let simmer covered for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add rice and potatoes to the pan. Stir and let the mixture simmer for another 10 minutes in medium to low heat. Stir every few minutes.
- Finally add the basil and oregano.
- Add more salt if needed. Please keep in mind that the mixture will get thicker and more salt may be too much.
- When you have reached your preferred creaminess turn off the stove and move the pan away from the burner.
For vegans and vegetarians, add more potatoes to your rice and use broth instead of milk. The potatoes will act as a thickening agent. Substitute chicken sausage with mushrooms. It works just as well and tastes just as delicious.
And stay beautiful from within..
Follow me! Instagram @Nourish.Live