You will need:
- Ready-made pie crust (9 inches, graham cracker or shortbread)
- Coconut flakes (1 cup, sweetened)
- Eggs (2, large)
- Almond milk (1 cup)
- Sugar (3/4 cups)
- Vanilla extract (1/4 tsp)
- All purpose flour (1 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, a pinch of salt and all purpose flour.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Pour in milk and mix until well incorporated.
- Finally add coconut flakes and mix well making sure there are no clumps in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- When the oven is ready, bake the pie for 35 minutes.
- While the the pie is baking, prepare some Homemade Whipped Cream and place in refrigerator.
- After the pie has baked completely (and passes the fork test – read below) refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Spread whipped cream on the pie and refrigerate for another hour.
Test to see if the pie has fully cooked by doing the fork test – Insert the fork in the center of the pie and pull out. If the fork comes out clean, your pie is ready. If not, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 10 minutes while doing the fork test every 3 minutes.
Tip: Even though I used almond milk, any milk works just fine. You may make your pie in a homemade pie crust (crushed graham crackers and butter mixture).
Follow me! Instagram @NourishLive