We love us some salad, but unfortunately when we indulge in a nice big bowl of green every day it tends to get old. Changing up the dressing helps keep our taste for salad up to beat. I’m a big fan of pesto..but wanted to change it up a bit so thought – why not give it a mediterranean twist? Instead of the regular parmesan, I added some feta cheese, and substituted raw garlic for one that is fully cooked and roasted. The end result was delicious. Fresh, light, and perfect to side with just anything!
- Fresh basil leaves (2 cups)
- Feta cheese (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (8 cloves, chopped)
- Walnuts (1/3 cup)
- EV olive oil (2 tbsp or as needed)
- On a pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and sauté chopped garlic in medium heat until they are golden brown.
- Let the roasted garlic cool down for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the basil, feta cheese, olive oil, walnuts and roasted garlic.
- Add more Olive oil as needed.
- Add some salt to taste.
Serve this basil pesto as a sandwich spread, salad dressing, marinade and more!
Follow me! Instagram @NourishLive