My first indian recipe on the blog. It’s strange I am posting one now considering my cooking adventures began with indian food!
Thought I’d start off with a super simple recipe.
- Chicken thighs (4, boneless skinless)
- Yogurt (1 cup)
- Garam Masala powder (2 tsp)
- Black pepper powder (1 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Red potatoes (4 medium, spiralized)
- Coriander leaves/cilantro (1/2 cup, chopped)
- Garlic powder (1/2 tsp)
- EV olive oil
Yogurt masala chicken —
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, garam masala powder, black pepper and serrano pepper powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Do not heat it for more than 10 seconds – this will prevent the masala from splattering.
- Pour the yogurt masala mixture and let cook for about 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add chicken to the mixture. Make sure to coat all pieces with the yogurt masala mixture.
- Let chicken cook for about 15 minutes in medium to high heat. Make sure to stir sauce and turn chicken every 5 minutes to avoid burning.
- After the chicken is cooked, cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Coriander Potato Noodles —
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix potato noodles with olive oil, garlic powder, coriander leaves and salt.
- Bake potato noodles for 15 minutes. Toss the noodles at the half way point.
- Once the noodles have finished baking, remove pan from the oven and cover for about 10 minutes before serving.
Serve your coriander potato noodles with the yogurt masala chicken.
Tip: If you find the your chicken is too spicy, add a dollop of yogurt! It goes very well with the dish.
Follow me! Instagram @NourishLive