- Fresh Atlantic Salmon (1 inch steak, cubed)
- Red potato (1, cubed)
- Power greens (2 cups, chopped)
- Red onion (1/2 medium, chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste (fresh, 2 tbsp)
- Thai green chilli (2, chopped)
- Coconut milk (1/2 cup)
- Turmeric powder (1 tsp)
- Black pepper powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1/2 tsp)
- Tamarind paste (1/2 tsp)
- Paprika powder (1/4 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (1/4 cup, ground to paste)
- EV olive oil
- Water (for consistency)
Serving(s) – 1 to 2
- On a pan, heat some olive oil and sauté onions, ginger garlic paste and green chili until brown.
- Add potatoes and turmeric, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and paprika powders. Add 1/4 cup water if too dry. Mix well and cover for 3 minutes.
- Add salmon and greens, mix, cover and let cook for 5 minutes. Sauté every minute to prevent burning.
- Add tamarind and coriander paste and coconut milk. Stir until thoroughly mixed and let the curry come to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, add salt to taste. Mix and let curry boil for 3 minutes.
Tip: Feel free to adjust the consistency of the curry by boiling to thickness or adding more water.
I served this spicy salmon coconut curry with quinoa and yogurt on the side.