- Zucchini (2, spiralized)
- Red bell pepper (1, chopped)
- Mixed vegetables (1/2 cup)
- Broccoli (1/2 cup, chopped)
- Shrimp (1/2 cup)
- Bacon (2 strips, chopped)
- Milk – 2% reduced fat or whole, if preferred (1/2 cup)
- Grated Parmesan (1/4 cup, or as preferred)
- Garlic (4 cloves, minced)
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Rosemary
- Black pepper powder
Serving(s): 2 – 3
- In a skillet cook bacon. Once the bacon is well done, drain out the bacon fat.
- Add garlic. Saute until garlic is light brown.
- Add red bell peppers, mixed vegetables, broccoli, and shrimp. Saute and cover to let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper, dried basil, oregano and rosemary. Mix well and cover for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and add Parmesan, mix and cover until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the veggies and shrimp are fully cooked, let the sauce simmer opened until it has thickened a little more than the preferred consistency. (more the milk, longer the simmer time)
- Finally add the zucchini noodles into the sauce and toss. Add more herbs if needed.
- Let the noodles cook in the sauce for 5 minutes.
Tip: It is important to find that perfect balance between over-cooked soaky and raw-crunchy zucchini noodles. Take the noodles off the burner once they are well enough to eat as it does release water and will dilute the sauce. Practice makes perfect 🙂
Tip: In case you left the noodles on the burner too long and the sauce is watery, add more Parmesan or remove noodles from the pan and simmer just the sauce again until it has thickened.
And stay beautiful from within..
Follow me! Instagram @NourishLive