There are so many healthy fried chicken recipes out there. I decided to try one for myself with an oat-based breading and I thought it turned out pretty good! I served it with some guacamole, coriander quinoa, and yogurt – a mix of American, Latin, and Indian flavors on one plate. This deliciousness definitely happened by accident but it is absolutely fulfilling and is guaranteed to make all your taste buds happy 🙂
- Chicken breast (1, boneless skinless)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper powder
- Cayenne pepper powder
- Bread crumbs
- Rolled oats
- Dried basil
- Egg (1, beaten)
- EV olive oil
- Coriander chutney
- Quinoa (cooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make slits on the chicken and rub a mixture of black pepper, cayenne powders and salt.
- With chicken on baking sheet, place in the oven and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat fry pan.
- Make a mixture of rolled oats, bread crumbs, dried basil, onion and garlic powders, salt and a little bit of olive oil. Dip the cooked chicken in egg and coat with the oat breading mixture.
- Place the chicken on the heated fry pan and let it fry in medium heat on each side until golden brown.
- When the crust is crispy, your healthy fried chicken is done and ready to be served.
- To make coriander quinoa, simply mix coriander chutney into your cooked quinoa and voila!
Serve and enjoy! 🙂
Follow me! Instagram @NourishLive