I love this recipe because it is simple, quick, and yet so flavorful and perfect as appetizers for parties and potlucks. The bites are easier since tomatoes are in smaller pieces rather than slices, and if you love garlic you know fresh garlic > garlic powder.. any day! In the end the tomato and basil are neither overcooked, nor under-cooked. Just perfect.
- Italian bread loaf (sliced in half)
- Fresh mozzarella (slices and shredded)
- Fresh basil (chopped)
- Tomato (2, chopped)
- Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- EV olive oil
- Dried italian herbs (thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Melt butter, mix with garlic and Italian herbs, and brush the mixture on the bread.
- Add the mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the chopped tomato on top along with fresh basil, a pinch of dried italian herbs, salt and pepper. Seal it with a handful of shredded mozzarella and a slight olive oil drizzle.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes (or until cheese melts).
The caprese garlic bread is ready to be served!
Tip: This garlic bread is borderline pizza. So if you are a meat lover, you can just simply throw in some sautéed meat on top before sealing it off with the shredded cheese.
Follow me! Instagram @NourishLive