One of the many reasons I love the slow cooker is I am able to make big batches of food enough for nearly 2 weeks worth of healthy scoop n’ go lunches. Souper chilli is a great way to use up those vegetables that have been sitting in your fridge long enough before they go bad. Vegetables release lots of moisture which in turn gives you the “soupy” part and you would not have to add additional broth. Healthy could be an understatement.
This is my go-to meal prep recipe. I throw all of the ingredients in Sunday nights and wake up to this hearty deliciousness Monday mornings.. ready to be scooped. Easy and convenient for busy professionals and students.
- Diced tomatoes (1 can)
- Black beans (1 can)
- Kidney beans (1 can)
- Pinto beans (1 can)
- Power greens (4 cups)
- Garlic (3 cloves, ground)
- Zucchini (1, chopped)
- Red potatoes (2, chopped)
- Bell peppers – red, green, yellow, orange (chopped)
- Red onion (1 large, chopped)
- Serrano peppers (2, chopped)
- Black pepper powder (1 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper powder (2 tsp)
- Salt (2 tsp) or as prefered
- Dried herbs – basil, oregano, thyme (2 tsp each)
- Ground cumin (3 tsp)
- Extra virgin olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Ground beef (optional)
- Add the oil to the pot and spread well on the bottom.
- If you are adding meat, I prefer it to be the second ingredient in the pot that way it is cooking first.
- Add all of the other ingredients one after another.
- Place lid and set the timer to either 4 hours on High heat setting or 8 hours on Low heat setting.
- Stir every 2 hours.
Serve with some shredded cheddar, sour cream or by itself. Garnish with cilantro.
…And stay beautiful from within.