Back to basics. Spiralizing.
I came home from work craving a big bowl of cheesy pasta but had to remind myself that my cheat days are over and should probably not push it lol. Next best option, ditch the fettuccine and replace it with veggie noodle – leaving everything else pretty much as is!
- Zucchini (2, spiralized)
- Butternut squash (1 cups, cubed)
- Chicken thigh/breast (1)
- EV olive oil (3 tsp)
- Grated parmesan cheese (2 tbsp)
- Garlic paste (1 tsp)
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Salt (to taste)
- On a pan, heat 2 tsp olive oil.
- Place chicken on pan and sprinkle some dried basil and salt on one side. Flip the chicken and sprinkle the same seasonings again. Continue flipping the chicken every 30 seconds to avoid burning and until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Take the chicken out of the pan once cooked and place aside.
- On the same pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil and garlic paste.
- Then add spiralized zucchini noodles. Sauté in medium to high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, dried oregano and dried basil. Toss and mix well into the noodles for 3 minutes or until the noodles have wilted.
- Once done, place the noodles on a plate.
- On the same pan, throw in the butternut squash. Add a pinch of salt, oregano and basil and sauté for about 5 minutes. Roast the butternut squash in medium to high heat until it is tender.
To serve, I roughly chopped the chicken, placed it on the noodles and topped it off with the roasted butternut squash. Delish..
…And stay beautiful from within.