- Chicken thigh or breast (1, chopped)
- Zucchini (1, chopped)
- Carrot (2 cups, spiralized or julienned and chopped to “rice” in food processor)
- Yogurt (1/2 cup)
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tsp)
- Yellow onion (1/2, medium, chopped)
- Garam masala (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric (1/4 tsp)
- Cayenne powder (1/4 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1/4 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cinnamon powder (1/4 tsp)
- Bay leaf (1)
- Black pepper (a pinch)
- EV olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Add olive oil to a skillet and add the onions and ginger garlic paste. Sauté until the onions have browned.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne powder. Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and mix thoroughly. Cover the let the chicken cook in the masala for about 5 minutes.
- After the chicken has cooked, throw in the zucchini, yogurt and add some salt. Mix well, cover and let it cook for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Let the masala simmer uncovered for a few minutes before serving. When the zucchini is cooked, you should be okay to turn the burner off.
- On another pan, heat some olive oil and throw in the bay leaf, some chopped onion, cumin, cinnamon, coriander and a pinch of black pepper. Sauté until you can smell the aroma and the onion is browned.
- Add the carrot “rice”. You can also add green peas or other veggies.
- Sauté and mix well until the carrot “rice” is cooked. I cooked it with the lid closed so it took me less than 3-4 minutes.
- Finally add salt to taste.
Serve the carrot “rice” with the zucchini-chicken masala on the side and some raita. All I did was mix some yogurt with Coriander Chutney and you have your yogurt sauce.
.. and stay beautiful from within.